For 4 people ()
- 2 tablespoon(s) Grace Margarine
- 2 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk(s) escallion, chopped
- 1/2 pound(s) pumpkin, cut into cubes with skin on
- 3 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 packet(s) Grace Coconut Milk Powder
- 1 packet(s) Grace Cock Soup Mix
- 2 cup(s) Grace Rice
- 1 sprig(s) thyme
- 1 whole scotch bonnet pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt (optional)
Pumpkin Rice Directions
Heat Grace Hello Margarine in a large sauce pan and saute garlic, onion, escallion and pumpkin for about 3 minutes.
Add water, Grace Coconut Milk Powder and Grace Cock Soup Mix, stir well and bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
Add Grace Rice, thyme and scotch bonnet pepper. Adjust salt content if necessary and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until rice is fork tender.
Remove thyme and scotch bonnet pepper, then use a fork to fluff rice.
To Serve: Serve immediately with protein of your choice.
Recipe Note: Spinach or Callaloo can be substituted for the pumpkin.