- Remove giblets from turkey, rinse with cold water and pat dry inside and out.
- Careful loosen skin over breast and legs using your fingers. Avoid tearing the skin.
- Combine Grace Jerk Seasoning, honey, soy sauce and rub liberally over turkey inside and out.
- Stuff the turkey with stuffing but do not over fill, as the stuffing expands during cooking and could split the skin if too tightly packed.
- Mix the lemon juice with the olive oil and brush the turkey. Cover with aluminum foil and return to the refrigerator. Let sit for a few hours or overnight.
- 3 hours before cooking time leave turkey covered on kitchen counter to come to room temperature.
- Brush turkey once again with oil mixture before placing on a baking sheet and fit it over a roasting pan with 2 cups water.
- Tuck the wing tips under the turkey and truss the legs together. Bake at 180 degree C/ 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, then reduce temperature to 160 degrees C/ 325 degrees F and bake for a further 3 1/2 hours.
- Remove the aluminium foil, about 30 minutes before the total cooking time.
- Turkey is ready when the deepest part of the breast gives a reading of 165 – 170 degrees Farenheit. Let sit for 30 mins then carve.
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 12 cups unseasoned bread stuffing or dry bread cubes
- 2-1/4 tablespoons of Grace Jerk Seasoning
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups boiling water