For 4 people ()
- 2 can(s) Grace Classic Mackerel
- 3 cup(s) counter flour
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Grace Caribbean Traditions Black Pepper
- 1 small scotch bonnet pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk(s) escallion, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Grace Vegetable Oil
Mackerel Fritters Directions
De-bone and flake Grace Classic Mackerel and set aside.
Combine flour, Grace Caribbean Traditions Black Pepper, scotch bonnet pepper, chopped onion, escallion, sweet pepper and tomato.
Add the flaked mackerel, mackerel sauce and water and mix well.
In a large skillet heat Grace Vegetable Oil.
Use a cook spoon or a 1/4 cup measure to drop the batter into the heated oil.
Fry for 5-7 minutes on each side, then drain on absorbent paper.